Monday, July 22, 2013

Words

I love words.

Spoken. Written. Heard.  One word can have a variety of meanings. Not just dictionary definitions but personal, symbolic meanings. Same goes for a combination of words.



Over the past couple of years I've compiled a list of beautiful words. Some I heard in movies. Some I read in books. Some people have said to me, others I put together myself. Here's my list so far.. 
  • Knitting your soul
  • Drop out factory
  • Cusp of death
  • Liasion (means bridge)
  • Speaks Volumes
  • Inklings
  • Woven into my soul
  • Hugging a hand grenade
  • The young parish and the old linger
  • See others through a door, not a keyhole
  • We are free, but not equal
  • Spoken word
  • Broken is a common quality, healed is unique
  • Break my own heart before you can
  • Riding coattails
  • Something divine about a view and heartache
  • Together we cry
“Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning.” 
- Maya Angelou


I'm also a quote junkie. Whether It's self improvement or church related, I love them all. They are always so applicable. I tend to relate them to a fortune teller. Why? Because fortune tellers always tell you something vague about your future, not really giving you any specific advice. It is YOU that takes the advice and molds it into something that is applicable to your current situation. Same goes for quotes. They are meant for everyone, but it is YOU that finds the inspiration and meaning in them.
My recent find and current favorite: "It is better to have God approve, than to have the world applaud."


Words are beautiful. Use them.


Find more quotes at:   http://pinterest.com/annieholm/quotes/

No comments:

Post a Comment